Nov 7, 2006- Representative Kaptur Praises Redesigned TRICARE Website
"The newly designed site is a one-stop shop," said Congresswoman Kaptur.
TRICARE is the health care plan for the uniformed services, retirees and their families, serving a beneficiary population of more than 9.2 million people.
Starting Friday, November 10, a Tricare beneficiary will be able to look up benefit information, make an appointment or track a claim--all at one site.
Tricare.mil comprises five main content areas:
- My Health (Tricare Online): personal health information and online appointment scheduling for Tricare Prime enrollees;
- My Benefit: Tricare benefit information;
- MHS Staff: resources for Military Health System staff members;
- Tricare Providers: information for Tricare network providers; and
- Pressroom: latest news about Tricare and the military health system.
In the next phase of Web site improvements, beneficiaries will be able to enter their profile and receive benefit information tailored to them. Tricare expects this feature to be available in winter of 2007.
TRICARE Online: https://www.tricare.mil